Leviticus, Chapter 20, Verse 13 reads:
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
(Also read Leviticus, Chapter 18, Verse 22 and Deuteronomy Chapter 23, Verses 17-18)
In the New Testament God declares that those who cling to homosexual behavior will be judged and cast into hell. Read the following excerpts from the Word of God:
Romans Chapter 1, Verses 21-32:
21. Because that when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23. And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four footed beasts, and creeping things.
24. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their bodies between themselves:
25. Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
26. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27. And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.
28. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient.
29. Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30. Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31. Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32. Who knowing the judgement of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
Here are just two other examples of the Biblical truth concerning homosexuality:
I Corinthians 6:9-10:
9. Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10. Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
And Jude 1:7:
7. Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
As terrible as this evil is, God has given a way of escape for those who are bound by this evil. The way of escape is forgiveness, deliverance and salvation through the cleansing blood of Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten son. (A little later I’ll outline the way of escape more completely.)
who cares? don’t be gay and you won’t be gay. easy as that. imagine a world where science didn’t need women to reproduce. going a step further, imagine there was no need to be in straight relationships. now again, imagine you’re now the minority, and someone is trying to tell you not to be straight for x, y, and z. Oh yeah, and the gays now want to make it illegal for you to get married. I mean, come on, you can’t get pregnant from gay sex, it must be better!
by the way, x, y, and z, all come from a really old edition of greek moral literature. it’s older than the bible, plus a lot of gays believe it… it must be true!
take a step back fro once and put you feet in someone else’s shoe and stop trying to make everyone live life your way.
Myth: Homosexuality is a genetic thing people cant avoid: like being born black, or being born a male or female.
Reality: Homosexuality is a Chosen lifestyle since God wouldn’t create something so filthy. Remember, Intelligent Design!
Fact: Homosexuality is NOT a choice. Nor is: asexuality, bisexuality, heterosexuality, pansexuality, or being transgender.
“God would not create something so filthy.”
Why is loving someone filthy? Why is LOVE filth. Why would when God created murder, rape, pain, abuse, hate, discrimination… you find love filthy.
And show me in the Bible where it says that lesbians are wrong? Show me where it says love is wrong. Tell me the passage where I can find the words that let me know that two people who love each other more than life can’t be together?
What do you base that idea on?
How do you explain the platypus?
A study done on the brains of deceased homosexual men in the……nineties?……showed that the corpus callosum was larger than in hetero males. Like women are. Also that lesbians showed a decreased callosum like hetero males.
So how would you explain that in your intelligent design and divine purpose unless of course you are going to suggest that God made people just to burn in hell?
That would not be considered very intelligent thinking nor would it incur you any favor with said deity. If memory serves me correctly, he actually killed people for doing that.
I at least expected an argument based on something other than the bible… you got any corroborating evidence there Tyson, y’know, stuff that isn’t just plucked from your arse and may come from an actual peer reviewed journal? Oh wait, I forgot, all science is evil.
Y’know the argument you put forward is a fallacy. It’s like Marxists trying to defend Marxism as the best economic system by only reading Das Capital and Marx’s writings and not looking at any other data or study conducted before or since.
oh, and for the record, your statement “God wouldn’t create something so filthy” seems to fly in the face of Colossians 1:16 “For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:” there are other bits and bobs in the bible such as Isaiah 45:7 where it states that God created everything including evil, but I’ll not bother you with that as you’re bound to have some way to twist out of it with some fun little interpretation of your own.
What’s the genetic purpose of human’s being homosexual?
It doesn’t help advance the species through natural procreation, does it?
It helps to stop overpopulation. It’s nature’s cure :D. Earth is watching out for us.
Purpose? You frame your question as if there’s an evolutionary end-goal, which there isn’t. Evolution does not have an end-goal. Those who can procreate successfully, will procreate. Those who can’t, wont. That’s natural selection. People don’t procreate for all manner of genetic reasons, not just because they’re gay. And hey, get this, some gay people DO have kids! Some men who like men, also like women, I mean WOW, just think of it! Is there a genetic purpose for a person being infertile? Does it advance the species through natural procreation? Is there a genetic advantage to having blue eyes as opposed to green? No, but it happens.
Have you read any research on the matter, any at all? On gene switching fruit flies or homosexuality within other species?
all cite decent research.
you’re at uni, use your access to peer reviewed journals online to do some research.
or, if you’re open minded enough not to object to his religious views, there are explanations put forward by Dawkins:
Here’s some verses for you:
9These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
10And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
11They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
12Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.
So none of you should eat shellfish.
How about this one”
44Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids.
Now dont mistake the word bondsmen for anything other than what it really means: slave. Thats right, looks like slavery is good after all. Someone better notify the president.
But thats the old testament you say, well how about this:
25″Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?
26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
28″And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin.
29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.
30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
31So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’
32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.
33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
So all you christians should get rid of those bank accounts, stop working for tomorrow, buying food, buying clothes, and just live like the homeless. The meek are to inherit the earth right?
There are so many more passages like this that no one actually follows, so how do you pick and choose which one to live by? The bible isnt a multiple-choice book people, its all or nothing. And my nothing seems a little more moral then whats in your book.
lol, this site is an epic troll. Awesomeness to you all!
^I know, back to Shoutwire.
Open invitation, by the way. Any idiot who wants to should visit Shoutwire.com. You can submit blogs and try to convert the mass of heathens.
“Myth: Homosexuality is a genetic thing people cant avoid: like being born black, or being born a male or female.
Reality: Homosexuality is a Chosen lifestyle since God wouldn’t create something so filthy. Remember, Intelligent Design!”
Unfortunately for you, there are several parts of the brain that differ greatly in homosexual men as opposed to heterosexual men. Curiously (but mostly for you), these differences are the same when comparing men, implying that the neural biology of homosexual men and straight women is the same, while it differs in men. While there is considerable debate over what influence each difference has, or even whether some differences actually exist, there is general agreement that there are biological differences that accompany sexual orientation. (http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/199706/homosexuality-biology/2)
Taking a different tack against your bigotry and hatred, why do you care? Doesn’t it say “Judge not, lest ye be judged”? Didn’t Jesus take those people whom society had cast out, and make them his dearest friends? Did he not spend the night at the home of the tax collector? And if you are for some reason personally offended by the idea of homosexuality, shouldn’t you “turn the other cheek”? Shouldn’t you follow the Golden Rule, i.e. if homosexuals were the majority, would you want them to persecute you for being a heterosexual? I’m not exactly a Biblical scholar, but some of these things are widely known philosophies of the man you claim is God, and it seems to me that you’re ignoring most of what he DID and SAID, choosing other parts of the Bible and masquerading them as an overriding theme. Jesus preached tolerance, love, and acceptance, not hatred, bigotry, and persecution. It’s depressing that as an atheist I embody the teachings of your Lord more than you do.
Every time I get to thinking that this really is a satire site, someone comes along to make me doubt it.
Why is it that people who like quoting things from religious texts are also fond of ignoring things from those same religious texts that they might find a bit awkward or difficult to follow?
Do those who think the bible is the literal word of some diety follow every commandment therein? All 600-something?
Do you wear clothes made of more than 1 fiber? Sinner!
Have you ever eaten shrimp or pig or catfish? Apostate!
Do you love all humans as the diety you believe in supposedly loves you?
Apparently not, because you’re not treating everyone else as well as (or better than) you treat yourself.
Work on making yourself a better person.
Stop trying to change how other people are.
They’re doing what the diety you believe in made them to do.
Praise Jesus for this Godly website ! The homer agenda must be stopped.
I have tried to register here but Satan appears to have broken the registration and all that is returned is “ERROR: You didn’t correctly enter the captcha, please try again.”
Once again thank you for this site, SHOUT GLORY!
OHGODOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGOD. Deacon Jethro, please tell me your not a joke, please. It would make me soooooooo happy.
Lev. 25:44 states that I may buy slaves from the nations that are around us. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans but not Canadians. Can you clarify?
simple since it’s a Racism behaviour and you are white and canadian like me are technically white but mexican are not white … it’s only a Racism behaviour
Ah that Satan! When he’s not making men love men he’s messing with our computers! And of course making techno music, damn him! damn him to hell!!!
THANK you for doing so much to educate people regarding God’s Law. I have learned a great deal from you, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him or her that Leviticus 18:22 clearly state it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to follow them. My important Biblically based questions are listed below. I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can help.
1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to the Irish, but not English people. Can you clarify? Why can’t I own some Englishmen?
2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness – Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offence.
4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord – Lev.1:9. The problem is: my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?
6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination – Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I do not agree. Can you settle this? Are there ‘degrees’ of abomination?
7. Lev.21:20 state that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wriggle-room here?
8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.19:27. How should they die?
9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn’t we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)
Pingback: Want to Really Torture Your Transkid? Ask Amber@Taliban Christian.ORG « Women Born Transsexual
what the hell are you guys talking about. if you honestly believe homosexuality is rong in this day and age, you are the ones who is wrong. seriously you ignorant deluded people. you sould all be the ones in shame for being so narrow minded
HELLS PEOPLE: “Jesus is Gay, Jesus is Gay, Jesus is Gay, Jesus is Gay”
JESUS: “Actually I am a bit GAY”
Jerry Springer the Opera (Richard Thomas Circa 2003)
I thought that I would use this quote to sort out the age old question.
Also to the people that believe that being ‘Gay’ in any way, shape, or form is wrong and against the bible and ‘God’ I feel you should reread it and pay much more attention to one the part that states that as a christian you should not discrimate against any human being. Also if you do as I ask I believe you will be one suprised and two hard pressed to not find a contrediction to the condeming of the so called ‘GAYS’.
Oh and P.S. maybe as a christian site you should moniter the ads that are placed on your site, I read and I quote “Find sexy GAY SINGLES in your area now”
Newho Much Love and big gay hugs XXX
I have not read this much hate towards homosexuals since I read Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler
Christians typically do not follow at all the 613 Mitzvot unless the Mitzva is somewhere else in the Bible that they do follow. It’s like Judaism-lite – Jesus basically came and said “lol you don’t have to do anything from the OT, just love God and you’ll go to Heaven!” and that’s why aside from the Crusaders so many follow Christianity. It’s just extremely easy and doesn’t interfere with most people’s lives to just ‘love’ God to go to Heaven. Win-Win for them, unless Christianity is wrong.
God would never create something so filthy?
Have you never closely examined a skunk, the act of defecation, or personally viewed the act of childbirth? Natural life itself is full of ‘filth’.
Love between two people is hardly filthy.
Hatred of people, however is.
If god was all powerful and created everything, why did he create this “filth” in the first place? Now, you may say it was the temptation of satan, but why does all powerful god allow satan himself to exist? Seems like god is just a weakling who sits back and complains. Moreover, if god is everything and we are nothing, why does he care what we do? we are ants compared to him, and last i checked i wasnt smiting (smoting?) ants because the ant dudes hook up. Don’t worry though, hells going to be a party. If people really are truly as evil as you say they are, then most of us are going to be there, including you, for choosing to hate instead of to love. I do not hate you, know that. I just pity you.
P.S. The men who wrote that stuff in the bible were probably flaming homos themselves, and just to embarrassed to admit it, so they tried to cover their trails by gay bashing.
I would keep my mouth secret if I were you.
– Bible was written by human and not God Himself.. there is a possibility that it is fraud.
– Bible tells stories that what God would do back in few centuries ago, do you still think he’d do the same to you foolish people =) Time has change my dear fellow friends.
– Bible is just a word but lead just from doing bad, sins if you like to call that. But if being gay is sin, what about discriminating gay, which at the same time, also a human, a ‘God’s Creation’?
I’m a Christian and I do believe there is God. But I do not believe in Bible for it has been deceiving people’s mind, especially YOU.
Now you ignorant pigs.. comment =)
Here’s a revolutionary idea.
What if it’s a genetic ‘fallback’ nature has to control over population. As population increases by X factor, the number of people least attracted to reproduction will be born into that population.
Yes, because satan is the source of all problems with your computer…
No. It’s you being an idiot and not entering the captcha correctly. ‘Satan’ was not involved, I assure you.
Sorry. I, as well as this whole site, is a joke.
You can go hang yourself now.